SLA MKII cassette fly reel has been created with the help of some extremely high design specifications. The original SLA challenged the boundaries of production, but with this new version, those boundaries have been pushed to the limit!
Not only is the SLA MKII a more aesthetically pleasing fly reel, having been slimmed down and refined so that each curve and nuance serves a purpose, either to highlight it is contoured lines or its feel and fit when it is in use. It is also - and here is the key - very, very light.
This reel is over half an ounce lighter than the old SLA weighing in at an anorexic 183gramms! This remarkable achievement was possible thanks to some judicious design and production processes. By carefully removing as much material as possible from the die cast aluminium frame and cage, without compromising on the reels integrity or functionality, we were able achieve our target goal of making the SLA MKII the lightest fly reel in its class.*
The reels functionality is superb, incorporating a semi-sealed Rulon drag system, a snug, compression fit spool and now featuring sculpted spool release and drag knobs, for a comfortable feel when in use. The MKII combines good looks with serious performance values.
Available in two colourways, the popular and subtle champagne and a new, silver, both feature a smooth and warm satin finish.
All reels are come complete with a new, specifically designed, moulded EVA protective carry case and two additional polycarbonate spare spools.
- Super Large Arbor, designed to assist in line retrieval and to reduce any line memory.
- Super-lightweight design
- Aluminium die-cast frame and cage
- Unique dot alignment cassette spool fixing
- Compression fit for solid cassette locking
- Bespoke in-house registered design
- Hidden counter balance system
- concealed Rulon disc drag
- High density polycarbonate spool
- Moulded EVA carry case
- Supplied with two spare spools
- Available in Champagne or Silver
Colour - Silver